49 Augusta Road
Lenah Valley TAS 7008
Telephone 03 6278 5333
Calvary Health Care Tasmania Lenah Valley CampusLCMHC Home
Pre Admission Services
The pre admission clinic is a service offered to patients of Calvary Health Care Tasmania.
The clinic is free of charge and is staffed by experienced Registered Nurses who will:
- talk to you about your care before and after surgery
- check your health history and complete other admission paperwork
- complete any tests that your doctor may have ordered
- discuss discharge planning to help you plan for your return home
- talk to you about equipment you may need following surgery and when you return home
- discuss your expected length of stay in hospital
- answer any questions you may have about your hospital stay
This means not only do you know what to expect whilst in hospital but ensures your admission on the day of your surgery is well planned, relaxed, and not rushed for you or the staff.
We recommend that you bring a close relative or friend with you to your clinic appointment as it gives them an opportunity to gain an understanding of your surgery and your care while in hospital as well as your needs when you return home.
Appointments are usually scheduled 7-14 days prior to your admission. Appointments may last from 30-60 minutes depending on the nature of your surgery and during this time you will be seen by a registered nurse and if required a physiotherapist. Appointments may be arranged as a face to face visit or if required they can be attended by a phone interview.
If you need to make an appointment please contact the clinic as soon as possible on (03) 6278 5025 between the hours of 9.00am and 4.00pm Monday to Friday.